Going to drug rehab is a great choice to make. From one-on-one counseling services to a wide range of educational courses, the treatment obtained through a rehab center can help a substance abuser stay successful on the road of recovery. With thousands of rehab centers available for substance abusers to obtain services through, it sometimes becomes difficult to discern the bad ones from the good ones; however, there are certain signs to look for to make sure the appropriate center is chosen. Keeping this in mind, there are also certain things that a substance abuser won’t want in a rehab, including the following:
- No Accreditation
- Without proper accreditation, the services provided at an addiction rehab center are unlikely to be backed by scientific evidence. A substance abuser will want to avoid rehabs that are not accredited because they will probably not receive proper treatment. So, what is accreditation? Well, it means that the staff employed through the center is made up of licensed professionals. A substance abuser should attend a center in which he or she will receive counseling and therapy from professionals who have an extensive amount of certified knowledge relating to the disease of addiction.
- No Family Participation
- When a rehab center discourages the involvement of the family in a substance abuser’s recovery process, this is a sure sign that the treatment center is a bad one. Family involvement is crucial to a person’s success when it comes to fighting addiction. In fact, a substance abuser is much more likely to stay successful in recovery when he or she has the support and involvement of family, friends and loved ones.
- High Success Rates
- A realistic high success rate for a drug rehab center is somewhere around 40 to 50 percent. If a treatment center is boasting about having a success rate higher than this, it is most likely untrue. If the success rates are false, it is safe to assume that the center has falsified other information as well.
- Bad Reputation
- It is fairly simple to identify the reputation of a rehab center. By asking doctors about the facility, as well as local substance abuse counselors and therapists, a substance abuser can tell whether or not the services offered through the center will be of much value.
- No One-On-One Therapy – It is important to remember that no two substance abusers will be exactly the same. Even if two of them happen to be addicted to the same substance, their emotional and mental state of mind will be different, meaning they will need two different treatment plans. Without one-on-one therapy, it becomes impossible for a rehab center to create a customized treatment plan for a substance abuser. A customized treatment plan is crucial in making sure a substance abuser’s individual needs are appropriately addressed.
- Focuses On One Form of Therapy – When a treatment center focuses on only one form of therapy, this will be of little value to a substance abuser. In order for treatment to be effective, it is pertinent that the following forms of therapy are offered:
- Relaxation techniques, massage therapy, acupuncture
- Nutritional guidance, vitamin therapy
- One-on-one and group counseling
- Social activities, role playing sessions
- Exercise and fitness routines, martial arts, yoga
- Spirituality or faith-based routines, meditation, personal time
- Cognitive and confidence-building sessions
- Aftercare programs for continued guidance
- A comprehensive, effective program is one that allows clients the opportunity to choose the treatment path they feel most comfortable with in order to ensure that they reach the desired goal of lasting recovery.
Staying on the Right Track After Rehab
Ideally, at the end of the program the individual has regained their sense of self-worth and developed a set of principles and ethics that will guide them through a lifetime of drug-free living. These aspects of effective treatment are crucial to the person’s ability to maintain abstinence in the outside world. It has been fairly easy while in the program to stay free of drugs because there are none available, plus, there are none of the stress factors in rehab that a person normally deals with in daily life. So, when they leave the center and step back out into the world, they need strength of character, skills, determination, accountability, and motivation in order to stay on the right track. A good rehab center is one that can help a person develop these traits.
The important thing to remember when choosing the best rehab is that addiction involves more than just the physical dependency on a drug. Most addicts began using drugs to self-medicate or as a means of escape from dysfunctional family life, poor self-esteem, financial problems, or depression. Whatever factors were at play in their life that led them to experiment with drugs must be addressed before they can enjoy lasting recovery. For these reasons, it is crucial that the rehab center offers program options that help the person heal mentally, physically, and spiritually and give them the tools and knowledge they need for remaining on the right track following treatment.
Find Out How We Can Help
If you are in the process of choosing a good rehab center, call today to learn how we can provide the best treatment plan available today. Your life and your future depends on the decision you make today. Call now and let one of our caring representatives help you create a program that is best suited for your specific needs. The sooner you get started, the sooner you can get back to living the lifestyle you deserve. You owe it to yourself, your family, and your community to be the best you can be, and that starts when you are no longer living under the control of dangerous, mind-altering substances.
Through years of working with people who were addicted to a variety of substances, we have gained an immeasurable amount of knowledge and have incorporated some of the most innovative treatment protocols currently offered. You can be assured of high quality, compassionate care in our program. Call now to find out more.